Wednesday, February 2, 2011

127 Hours In My Life


I suppose there is a certain ironic twist to the fact, that I loose my purse – my indispensible, hold-all, with safety money, et al., the characteristic brown wallet which I have carried with me since first year, the first time I really had money of my own – on the very day, in fact, in the very theatre, when I watch the movie 127 hours.
Not that I am, even remotely, suggesting that my endurance of a loss of purse is comparale in any way to actually cutting off my hand. I would not care to belittle the movie in such a crass manner. But just that, it seems to be an instantaneous challenge to put in practice all those lessons that the movie seeks to teach.
For one, you have already been stupid. Point established. But the movie is really interested in, what next??? How do you deal with it, live with it. I cannot live without my precious purse – or so I feel, right now. But I had to deal with it: I had to block my cards, and do what-not, like tell my parents. And I am even putting up with mosquitoes now…
And most importantly, I had to report it on this blog. Not the same as a movie on a video cam, but similar. This is something resembling my attempt to not cut the rest of the world off, as it is so simple and straightforward to do.
Perhaps what I am really trying to say here is, the movie kinda puts my loss in perspective. But that is not going to be any where near enough to get my feet back on the ground.

3 comments:

  1. when did u lose ur purse? losing anything is scary for me. that movie freaked me out. but i did like the movie anyway, i thought franco acted briliantly.. oscar worthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lost it yest....i luvd the shooting of the movie, though...the bright sun and contrast, et al...

    ReplyDelete