Thursday, March 10, 2011

Questions To Answer

So, I came across this set of 50 questions to find the answers to. They are (supposedly) value-neutral, so allow you to determine for yourself what you are, without any bias from the questions themselves. Some are not quite so effective, while some - particularly the ones asking about memories - are pretty good. I'll post them in groups of 10, so you guys can read my answers...



Because sometimes asking the right questions is the answer.
  1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
A: 32? I think I sometimes think of myself as having a mid-life which keeps crisis-ing...

  1. Which is worse, failing or never trying?
A: I prefer to never try, or try half-heartedly. But I want to change that answer.

  1. Do you do things you don’t like, and like things you don’t do? List.
A:  Yes.
I don't like, but do, the  following -
  • staring at my comp all day
  • going out immediately after college, to avoid work.
  •  procrastinate
  • Stare at my feet when in an argument
  • But junk food

I like, but don't do, the following -
  •  reading the newspaper.
  • Writing
  • Being spontaneous.
  • Getting High….not true, I did that yesterday!!!

  1. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
A: As of today, YES. Unfortunately.

  1. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?
A: That people can hide and colour their true feelings in personal relationships.

  1. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
A: no idea. Philosophy???

  1. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
A: Doing what I believe in. I gambled away practicality and opportunity loooong back, though I wish I hadn't.

  1. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
A; Probably would never have had the brains to do anything different. So, no.

  1. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
A: I would LOVE to say very little. But actually, about 50 - 50. or even 60 - 40, it’s been all my mess. I wish I had been better informed, before making my decisions though. In terms of lost opportunity cost.

  1. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
A: Doing things right. Things must be perfect, with a certain inner synchronity, for me. That would be at the cost of everything else….even if, even I, don’t want things to be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment