Monday, September 27, 2010

A vision to carry with you.

I don't know why, but I'm always at my most productive in philosophizing (and, consequently, on the blog) when I have deadlines sitting on my head. Maybe its' my version of procrastination. Whatever.

I was thinking: each of us has our own way of depicting the way we view our world. There is a certain picture which we can always visualize, about each and every interaction we have: almost an undercurrent of cartoony figures living in a parallel universe. I don't think I'd be adequately able to draw an analogy for the whole of my life...I don't think anyone would be able to do that, and that would kinda defeat the purpose, right?

But I can draw one simple analogy - whenever I take up something new, attempt something when I don't quite know how it will work out in the end. Earlier, I used to see this as a fishing expedition; I cast bread in the water, and wait with my fishing-line, ready to reel in the fish which bites. But then, I recently realized that this is a depressing analogy. I mean, fish don't always bite, do they? I suspect all of us entertain an inner fear along these lines - to be unable to come back with fish after our much-touted expeditions.

So, now I'm trying to visualize a new analogy. One really interesting option before me is something I picked up from the Terry Prachett book, Mort. (Btw, Prachett is an absolute must-read!!! Mind-blowing!!!) The analogy is based on this parody of Tibetan philosophy, of a Llama sect which calls itself the "Listeners". They believe energy is never destructed - so the repercussions/remnants of the original energy, responsible for creating the World, must still be in existence. So, if you can find and identify the original energy, you then know the secret to creation.

So, my formulation goes something like this: if energy is never destructed, then if I am thinking on the right frequency, the energy I thereby create cannot be destructed. So, the energy must materialize in the way I want it to, without being affected by any obstacles. My process of attempting something new is nothing but an attempt to find and identify and actually reach the right frequency of thought.

A much more hopeful option, don't you think??? But I'm still open to suggestions on a different visualization!

4 comments:

  1. Very interesting line of "philosophizing" :)
    and that analogy is very optimistic- me likey! So different frm ur usual cynical approach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad u like it...but to spoil it fr u...it is extremely cynical actually; depressing as well... coz it also means firstly, the only thing differentiating the winner from the loser in ANY thing is the fact that the winner is better at presentation...also, if anything goes wrong, u can't blame anyone for it...u and ONLY u is responsible.
    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @addy: so much for zen..this is a pretty CT philosophy!!!

    ReplyDelete